In this post I will be presenting a pattern for positioning yourself and your offer as the most important element in the deal, as opposed to your prospect.
The objective of this technique is to get the target to chase you, instead of you chasing the target.
Here is the pattern:
- We have one of the better offers in the market. Don’t just say this, but give several supporting reasons why.
- We are picky about who we work with. Because of the above, we cannot compromise on reputation. Hence we are very selective about who we work with.
- It seems like we could work together, but we need to know more. Tell me more about yourself, what makes you special/unique?
- I still need to figure out if we could work together & be good partners. We are not easily convinced by words, talk is cheap.
- Do you have any customer testimonials or partner recommendations? You can follow up on these & confirm them.
- Our management/partners are choosy. WE are the prize, not you. Even if we close today, you still need to go through our approval process.